Charitable Giving that Stays Home
Across the United States, community foundations are enriching the lives of many citizens, in many ways. The Community Foundation for Kettering is a good example. We provide vital resources for special projects and activities that inspire, educate and safeguard our city’s residents.
The Foundation also provides a vehicle for community donors to give locally and see the positive impact of their charitable giving in the Kettering community.
How does the Community Foundation for Kettering help local citizens?
We help to fund programs that are unique and not duplicated. Through the grants we make to area nonprofit organizations…
- Volunteer adults mentor young people.
- Elementary students learn to play musical instruments as an ensemble.
- Young boys and girls receive warm coats to wear in winter.
- Disabled people develop artistic skills.
- High school seniors spend quality time with senior adults, for the benefit of all.
- Expecting and new parents learn healthy habits to protect their babies.
- Struggling students receive tutoring.
- Local philanthropists enjoy the opportunity to do good in their community. The Foundation has donated more than $1.6 million to area charities since it was established in 2001.
Right here in Kettering, needs are all around us
Every day brings new opportunities to improve someone’s life and become a positive force in the community. The Community Foundation for Kettering gives all donors the chance to be philanthropists and see their generosity at work.