Who’s Eligible to Apply for a Grant?
The Community Foundation for Kettering makes grants to launch new or start-up projects that provide services that are not currently being offered by an existing organization. Individual grant amounts vary but are typically in the range of $1,000 to $5,000.
Grant requests must meet two criteria to be eligible
- The applicant must be a recognized, tax-exempt organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Proposed projects must benefit residents of Kettering through charitable, cultural, social, educational or recreational activities and programming. The nonprofit does not have to be located within the city of Kettering.
The Foundation is primarily interested in funding projects that
- Promote volunteer efforts
- Bring together the resources of multiple organizations
- Test or demonstrate new and innovative techniques or approaches for solving important community problems
- Cannot be accomplished within the existing resource base
- Provide a one-time funding source for a self-sufficient, longer-term effort, or
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources and promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations and the elimination of duplicate services.
The Foundation will typically not make grants that
- Establish or add endowment funds
- Provide primarily for travel
- Provide funding to individuals
- Fund specific research
- Support religious activities
- Contribute to annual fundraising drives and award ceremonies
- Provide the principle financial support of an organization or activity
- Provide general operating support to organizations, or
- Reduce organizational operating deficits.